Tenure Track Professor of Technologies in Regenerative Medicine
Division of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
Part-time position (50%)
Limited to 6 years
We are looking for an excellent basic researcher (PhD) with great potential to continue to expand our internationally renowned scientific and research agenda in regenerative medicine (above all related to the skin).
The successful candidate should be an expert in basic, preclinical and clinical research with regard to regenerative technologies, promoting them in research and teaching and serving as a bridge to patient care.
The Division of Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery in the Department of Surgery deals extensively with tissue reconstruction and regeneration. The successful candidate should be willing to engage in interdisciplinary and interprofessional cooperation between specialist areas and institutions.
The initial appointment is limited to six years. After the conclusion of a qualification agreement the career advancement goal is to transfer to a tenured position as an associate professor (tenure track professor pursuant to § 99 para. 5 and 6 of the Universities Act). If the candidate demonstrates outstanding and remarkable achievements, the qualification agreement may be fulfilled more quickly.
Core duties and responsibilities:
- Innovatively advancing scientific research in the area „technologies in regenerative medicine“
- Acquiring competitive third-party funding
- Managing research projects in the aforementioned research area
- Establishing a nationally and internationally renowned multidisciplinary research group in regenerative technologies and promoting junior researchers and clinicians
- Consolidating and expanding national and international cooperation
- Writing and publishing high-quality scientific papers
- Teaching at the university and advising students pursuing human medicine diplomas and doctoral studies as well as postgraduate university certificate programs
Successful candidates must have the following qualifications and skills:
- Master’s degree or diploma in molecular biology, biochemistry, molecular medicine (or a related discipline)
- Scientific training as proven by completion of a PhD program
- Extensive research expertise in skin regeneration, cell biology, adipose tissue and inflammatory disease
- Experience in developing clinically relevant models (in vitro, ex vivo, in vivo)
- Proven track record of high-impact publications and third-party funding acquisition in the field of skin regeneration and ideally cell biology, adipose tissue and inflammatory disease
- Proven track record in teaching and lecturing especially in the field of skin regeneration and in preclinical research
- Experience in leading a working group and setting up lab infrastructure
- High level of proficiency in both written and spoken German and English (proficiency level C1)
The ideal candidate has the following profile:
- Postdoctoral research fellowship abroad or at a different institution than where the PhD wascompleted preferable
- Highly willing to engage in interdisciplinary and interprofessional cooperation
- Highly motivated to achieve academic excellence in research and teaching as well as capable of inspiring colleagues and students
- Responsible work habits, resilience and ability to solve problems
Med Uni Graz invites all applicants to submit their application online by 03 December 2020.
The minimum remuneration is based on the collective agreement for university
employees (KV § 49.2). A higher salary for this position is contingent upon qualifications and may be negotiated with the rector.
Scheduled date for job interviews:
11 December 2020 at the Medical University of Graz
The Medical University of Graz is committed to increasing the proportion of women in leading positions and encourages qualified women to apply. Among applicants with equal qualifications, female applicants will be given priority. We also welcome applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and encourage them to apply.